WHAT IS THE HDP?
We are so excited to hear that you will be attending this year’s Historic Dinner Party! It promises to be the event of the year! In order to ensure that it is the social event of the season, we felt it was appropriate to go over exactly what will be expected of you while in attendance.
- You must come to the party as your character, both in dress and personality.
- You DO NOT need to buy any new clothes to create these costumes. Use items you already have in your closet. Borrow from family and friends, if necessary. If you feel the need to buy something, please take advantage of the inexpensive used clothing available at places like Goodwill, MAMS, or Salvation Army.
- If you are truly unable to get something to wear, please see your teachers well before the event so we have enough time to help you.
- DO NOT wait until the last minute to get your costume together.
- Be prepared to discuss both events in your life personally (as your character) as well as events that have occurred during the social studies unit. You need to be able to explain what your character would have thought about the issues of the time (i.e. slavery, foreign policy, political parties, etc.). This may require you to infer your character’s opinions about the issues based on what you have learned.
- Your grade is based on your introduction, participation in the discussions at your table and group discussions. You will be graded on the quality, quantity, and historic accuracy of your commentary.
Dinner Party Info PPT
Dinner Party Review Prep PPT
DINNER PARTY PRESENTATION
HDP: Google Slides Version